- This feature is already available on Facebook
- The feature can be disabled anytime by Instagram users
- 'Type' feature may also get released by Instagram for users to post Instagram Stories
Facebook that owns both Instagram and WhatsApp is going to maintain the balance in both the apps by introducing new features time after time. Interestingly, WhatsApp has recently introduced a business app for small businesses and now Instagram has added another feature. Although this feature is not unique and is available in the Facebook Messenger app, still one can say that Instagram is trying to keep pace with the other messaging apps. This app will help the users to see when was the last time their friends were active on Instagram and its vice-versa is also true. This means that your followers, as well as the friends, will be able to see the last time record when you were active on the messaging app. Certainly, this app is an unwanted thing for the users and might be keeping this in mind Instagram has also provided users with a deactivation option.
All those who are unwilling to embrace this feature may discontinue it from their app by following these steps:
- Firstly, the users must open Instagram and then move to the profile to open the settings page
- At the Settings page, users must look for the ‘Show Activity Status’ tab
- Now, swipe left to turn off or disable the feature
The users must remember that once they disable this feature they will not be able to see the active status of their friends and followers. Furthermore, this feature is added as the latest updates for Android as well as the iOS versions of the app. Strikingly, Instagram is also planning to introduce new features to its app. One such is ‘Type’ in Stories, which will enable users to post Stories with only texts and no images or videos and will be able to share it directly on WhatsApp. In the upcoming weeks, it is expected to be unveiled to the users.