- Samsung to roll out Android 8.0 Oreo Beta program for S8 and S8 plus
- The company is already working on a custom version of Oreo
- No official date announced yet
Google launched “Android Oreo” on August 21, 2017, and since then the web world has been talking about the update to be available on upcoming smartphones from leading smartphone manufacturers like Motorola, Samsung, LG etc. Reportedly, the South Korean smartphone giant has been working on a custom built Android Oreo version for its newly released smartphones, the Galaxy S8 and S8 plus.
Just one week after the report, today another news from technology blog, Galaxy Club has displayed test results from a benchmarking website known as Geekbench, showing Samsung Galaxy S8 running on Android 8.0.0.
Another report from Sammobile, a website well-known for Samsung specific blogs also reported that the beta versions for Android Oreo are named as G955FXXU1BQI1 and G950FXXU1BQI1.
It seems that the letter “Z” points towards the fact that these two duos are only beta versions, evident from the previous beta update for Android Nougat that used the same alphabet.
The blog states that Samsung will soon release a testing program for early users, but no official date has been confirmed yet. In addition to the launch date, we are also unaware of the regions where Samsung is going to roll out the Beta program for Android Oreo.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Launched In India: Specifications, Availability and Launch Offers14 days ago
Android 8.0 Oreo platform brings in several new features along with it. Some of them are mentioned below
- Autofill: Stores previously fed data like email ids, passwords etc
- Text suggestion: App suggestion relevant to the
- Picture in Picture (PIP) mode: Allows you to watch a video while multitasking
- Notification dots
- Faster booting and improved battery life
- Smart wifi: The Wifi connects your device automatically to the nearest source.
- Last year the final version of Android Nougat was released several months after the company started rolling out
- Beta versions for Galaxy S7 and S7 edge. Referring to that, we can expect the final version of Android Oreo to
- arrive by the end of this year for S8 and S8 plus.
For those who own a Samsung S8 and S8 plus device, we suggest you keep an eye on the upcoming Beta program.We will definitely keep you updated on any further news from Samsung.Stay tuned!